Institute of System Analysis and Management
Institute of System Analysis and Management is a structural unit of Dubna State University.
The Institute trains specialists in the field of System analysis and management, Informatics and computer engineering, Applied informatics, Software and information technology, Construction and technology of electronic tools. It also acts as university-wide technical support in education.
The concept of the Institute’s development is aimed at creating optimal and sustainable educational, methodological, scientific, research, innovation and organizational environment that supports the innovative educational approaches oriented at:
- Integration of scientific and research potential,
- Development of interfaculty and interuniversity cooperation,
- Support of partner relations with potential employers,
- Development of international cooperation,
- Fostering students’ creativity, independence, engagement and responsibility in education.
This concept is implemented through fundamental training in basic disciplines and adopting new forms and methods of education. The Institute conducts target training of highly qualified and sought-after specialists through proactive and extensive computer training. The Institute professors develop systematic thinking skills in their students and conduct scientific and educational work.
In order to attract applicants and promote computer training, the Institute conducts career-oriented work with school students: competitions in informatics and programming, preparatory courses for United State Exam in informatics, lectures on information technology.
The Institute delivers target training of specialists in accord with the demands of customer companies. Cooperation schemes have been established to create target groups for studying and on-site training in customer companies. The following education programs have been developed:
- Business reengineering,
- Engineering graphics,
- Interactive graphic systems
- Information technology in business,
- .NET technologies,
- Unix programming,
- Real-time systems,
- GIS technologies,
- Information systems in administrative management,
- Enterprise business projects and others.
The Institute widely uses distance-learning technologies in continuing education, including:
- Organization of continuing education process with the use of state-of-the-art information and telecommunication technologies in information educational environment
- Development of electronic educational materials for all levels and forms of education on the basis of universal formalized method of using OWL ontology language.
- Management of educational process on the basis of analysis of student progress portraits allowing to predict learning outcomes.
Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor